On December 5th the Jewish Heritage Program held its first ever mentoring event for Temple University students and members of our Young Professional Network.
The event was held at 5:30 PM at the offices of Ballard Spahr, LLP in Center City Philadelphia. The night began with networking over a Chinese buffet dinner and mentor introductions. The students, young professionals, and mentors then broke out into groups for in-depth mentoring sessions. The night concluded with a resume-building and career advice seminar delivered by Stanley Sherman, President of the Propel Consulting Group.
Over 15 legal, medical, real estate, education, marketing, and sales professionals attended the event to provide guidance to the students and young professionals. The list of mentors included:
- Phil Balderston – Co-founder of PT Real Estate Capital
- Bart Blatstein – CEO of Tower Developments, inc.
- Jennifer Birch – Loan Originator at FrontGate Mortgage
- Aimee Cohen – Special Education Teacher at Meredith Elementary in Queen Village
- Harris Devor – Shareholder of SMD’s Litigation Consulting and Forensic Accounting Group
- Daniel Eisenberg, MD – Radiologist at the Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Dave Engel – Tax Manager at Grant Thornton, LLP
- Ori Feibush – President of OCF Realty
- Noa Glick, Psy.D – Licensed Psychologist at Dr. Lowey & Associates, LLC
- Howard Haber, MD – Cardiologist at Pennsylvania Hospital
- Jessica Katz – Account Supervisor at the Brownstein Group
- Jeff Lobman – Manager of the Corporate Internet Group for Tokio Marine North America Services
- Bart Mellits – Chair of Ballard Spahr’s Real Estate Department
- Craig Robinson, esq. – Associate at Lundy Law
- Jonathan Saidel – Member of Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C.
- Stanley Sherman – President of The Propel Consulting Group
- Eden Silverstein – Realtor at BHHS Fox and Roach, Realtors
Students and young professionals responded to the event with very positive feedback, praising the quality of the food, mentors, and guidance. Building on this success, JHP plans on holding many more mentoring events in Philadelphia and beyond.
To get involved, please contact Campus Coordinator Rachel Waxman at email@example.com.